Thursday, December 2, 2010

Vegan Ranch Dressing

I cannot remember how I stumbled upon this blog, but I did and I am so happy! Even if it is just for this one recipe it is so worth it! I have been trying to find a ranch dressing that I loved. I have a few that I like, but nothing that I love. This is it, and many people agree. Enjoy!

Vegan Ranch Dressing


1.5 cups of macadamia nuts or cashews, or both.

(Most times, I use all mac nuts, and have previously used up to 1/4 cup cashews in the
mixture). Soak for about 1 to 2 hrs, then rinse and drain.

1.5 cups water for dressing/1 cup water for dip
1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic
3 tsp. onion powder
2.5 tsps. Real salt (It seems like a lot, I know. The original recipe calls for 1 Tbsp. This is the least I have been able to use and still have it taste like a true ranch dressing. Use less if you like. Maybe add more onion powder if you use less salt).
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried dill
1/2 tsp. dried basil

After blending the above, add and pulse to incorporate:
1/4 cup finely chopped, fresh parsley
1/2 tsp. dried dill (Or fresh if you like)

Immediately put in refrigerator to allow the flavors to blend. Due to the monounsaturated fatty acids in the olive oil, this will thicken slightly in the fridge. Add more water to thin, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment